- Case Studies
- Contact Us
- Contract Vehicles
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) has many contracts whose financials it needs to track and was using a spreadsheet to keep track of how much each contract would cost for each year, as well as to project costs in the out years.
Woodbourne Solutions created a robust, web-based solution the R&D Reporter which allows NICHD staff with contracts responsibilities to more efficiently monitor the contracts budget, as well as provide a high level budget view for discussions with NICHD senior management. The system was designed to capture contracts financial data at key points in the business process from the relevant NICHD and NIH financial systems and link the data together.
The initial release provided the following functionality:
- Provide tracking of the contracts budget at the mechanism level and show the variation from the NICHD appropriation: extramural R&D contracts, Intramural contracts, RMS contracts
- Allow users to track the overall budget, the AIDS budget, and the non-AIDS budget
- Provide tracking of contracts awarded via co-funding mechanisms
- Provide tracking of the contracts budget by center
- Allow users to track a contract’s transactions
- Allow restricted users to enter adjustments to correct financial records
- Tracking of contracts awarded via the Loan Repayment Program (LRP)
- Tracking of contracts awarded via Inter or Intra Agency Agreements (IAA)
The system allows NICHD to be able to reliably track the total cost of contracts and options throughout the contract lifecycle while minimizing the manual data entry by pulling data from both local and enterprise systems on a nightly basis.
Woodbourne Solutions built the R&D Reporter using the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5, C#, and Oracle 10g. The system has a reporting model based upon SSRS. The application is entirely browser-based.